Monday, January 21, 2013

A bump in the road:

So.... in my last post, I made the declaration that I was going to make a renaissance dress in forty eight hours.  At that time, it was completely doable.  I had Sunday and Martin Luther King Day to pull it off.  No problem....

At about 2:30 am my Furnace stopped working and started pumping cold air into my house.  Needless to say by the time the cold in the house woke me the last thing on my mind was working on a renaissance dress.  Since service men do not come out on Sundays without requiring extraordinary pay, I decided to go to my parents house.  They have an empty basement.  I could cut out the gown.  No problem...

My younger sister decided to come down from the frozen north to my parents house with her five kids.  The basement was strewn with toys, children, and more importantly my three year old niece, who when she saw the scissors decided it was time to cut the fabric too... Picked up the fabric immediately, put it in a box, locked it in my car.  No work accomplished on day one or day two until after the furnace was fixed... around 4:30 pm.  So.... I'm not going to accomplish my extraordinary goal, which I still believe I can do.  Some other time.

I was able to get a good portion of the dress cut out this evening though, so I thought I would post about adjusting a pattern for a body type, and the first few steps for the dress.

Sorry, if any of you out there were excited to see what was going to happen.  Another time...

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment